Organiser: Niall Madden
Theme: This mini-symposium will feature takes on varied topics broadly related to linear and nonlinear solvers for problems arising form the discretization of PDEs. As such, it will include elements of bo`th theoretical and applied numerical linear algebra.
- Siobhán Correnty (KTH). Flexible infinite GMRES for parameterized linear systems
- Patrick Farrell (Oxford). A scalable and robust vertex-star relaxation for high-order FEM
- V.A. Kandappan (Madras) A Domain Decomposition based preconditioner for Discretised Integral equations in two dimensions
- Conor McCoid (Geneva) Extrapolation methods as nonlinear Krylov methods.
- Niall Madden (Galway) A boundary-layer preconditioner for singularly perturbed convection diffusion problems.
- Michel Outrata (Geneva) Preconditioning the Stage Equations of Implicit Runge Kutta Methods
- Davide Palitta (Bologna) Matrix equation techniques for certain evolutionary partial differential equations
- John Pearson (Edinburgh) Preconditioned iterative methods for multiple saddle-point systems arising from PDE-constrained optimization
- Kirk Soodhalter (Dublin) Analysis of block GMRES using a $^\ast$-algebra-based approach
- Daniel Szyld (Temple) Provable convergence rate for asynchronous methods via randomize linear algebra